Table Of Contents | Jump To Any
Bertrandt – your trustworthy engineering partner
Looking for a career, not just a job? Want to join a dynamic team working for an international industry leader? Enjoy an energetic work atmosphere? Bertrandt US may be just what you have been looking for! The Bertrandt Group has been providing development solutions for the international automotive and aviation industries in Europe, China and the USA for more than 40 years. A total of around 13,000 employees at 53 locations guarantee extensive know-how, sustainable project solutions and a high level of customer orientation. Its main customers include the major manufacturers and numerous system suppliers.
In this full-time temporary position, the Technician will perform vehicle emission testing and minor repairs. Position will last 4 months, possibly longer.
Full-time week is based on 36.25 hours.
- Perform vehicle emission testing.
- Operate emission test equipment as needed for the tests and act as a driver while performing the tests on a dynanometer.
- Assist in calibration, adjustments and maintenance.
- If necessary, small repairs on equipment will be performed.
- In cooperation with the other laboratory personnel, will prepare vehicles for emission tests.
- Conduct tailpipe emissions and evaporative tests.
- Requires carrying, kneeling, lifting (up to 30 lbs), pulling, pushing, twisting, reaching, driving, bending.
- Excessive standing or sitting while driving a vehicle on the dynamometer.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination.
Has to operate keyboards.
Technical Vocational Degree with certification (ie: Technician or Master Technician) in automotive or electronics.
2-3 years automotive emission testing experience preferred.
2-3 as an automotive technician.
Skills in using emission related test equipment; operate forklift and general office skills.
Minimum amount of practical knowledge in specific types of positions or functions necessary for adequate performance in this position. (ie: 3 years as Master Technician; specific experience with German vehicles, specific Automotive experience (retail or wholesale).
Variations in temperature, contact with chemical cleaners or other liquids, noise (ie: exposure to machines that might emit high frequency levels of noise), hazards (ie: exposure to chemicals, toxins).
Complete and comprehensive benefits package including Med/Dent/Vision
Employer paid STD/LTD/Life
- Generous paid vacation/sick/holidays
Creativity encouraged in a fun, friendly work environment