Job Vacancy in Canada. Support children and youth with mental health issues, behavioural challenges to develop life skills, social skills and/or access to community resources. Will provide individual care and stabilization through clear expectations and positive behavior support and support with self-care (including personal hygiene).
Applicants should have the ability to work as part of a team, problem solve, demonstrate crisis intervention skills, as well as have written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A diploma in human/social services or a related discipline or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working with youth at risk or/and youth with development disabilities and/or physical/medical/behavioral support needs or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Negative T.B test Clearance
- Provincial Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector and an MCFD background Screening (Working with Youth)
- Food Safe Certification
- Clear Health Certificate
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Class 5 or where required, class 4 unrestricted driver’s license
- Clear and Current Driver’s Abstract.
- Mandt Certification (Available training upon successful application)
- This is a unionized position with the BCGEU.
Wage: $19.39 to $22.58. For more information please visit our website at www.milieu.ca