- Focus less on up selling and more on helping our members make informed decisions
- Share your knowledge and passion for the most up-to-date automotive technologies
- Mile End location – Full time permanent role
RAA is one of South Australia’s most trusted and respected organisations and has a proud history of over 115 years servicing the South Australian community. We provide a wide range of services and facilities for more than 730,000 members and employ over 930 people within South Australia.
About the role:
RAA has over 90 years experience in providing independent vehicle inspections in South Australia. We help our members make informed decisions when buying a new or used car and help them to know more about the condition of their current car.
This role will see you conducting vehicle inspections and providing mobility scooter services, whilst liaising with internal & external customers and service providers. You’ll also oversee the maintenance of all vans, tools and equipment.
The position will be roughly 50% undertaking allocated inspections and 50% administrative and team coordinator duties.
This role may suit someone from a retail mechanic background who is looking to break away from the high-pressure sales environment of many modern workshops. Instead of focusing on sales you will focus serving our members through sharing your knowledge of the most up to date automotive technologies.
- As well as undertaking all types of vehicle inspections, this position is responsible for undertaking SA Police Speedometer testing, Passenger Transport Inspections, Recheck and Defect removal inspections, and Taxi and Ride-share inspections
- Undertake technical assessments for customer complaints and provide feedback
- Take ownership of issues or concerns, use initiative within delegated authority to resolve such issues or concerns
- Ensure compliance and adherence to all relevant RAA Policies & Procedures and Standard Operating Procedure instructions surrounding the fulfilment of your responsibilities and all government legislation
- Audit inspector reports to ensure compliance to relevant standards and provide the Vehicle Services Manager with improvement recommendations
- In consultation with Vehicle Services Manager and Auto Trainers, undertake coaching sessions with Vehicle Inspectors in both mobile and workshop environments
- General maintenance of Tools, Equipment, vans & Work Environment
- Inspection Bookings, Job allocation system, accumulated time register and approvals, time sheets, cashiering, customer service and other admin/team coordination duties
What you need:
- A minimum of 5 years post-trade experience in the automotive mechanical field, ideally in a retail mechanical workshop
- Minimum Certificate III Automotive Mechanical is mandatory, and qualifications in body/paint/panel discipline/s would be beneficial
- A current unencumbered Class “A” driving license
- Excellent skills in fault diagnosis/ technical/ repairs in both automotive and mobility scooters
- Good knowledge of Australian design rules and the South Australia Second Hand Motor Vehicle Act related directly to vehicle statutory warranty
- Sound knowledge of the South Australian Motor Vehicles Act and Regulations, PTB Regulations, ADR’s and Privacy Act
- A strong customer service focus and a passion for sharing knowledge around the most up to date automotive technologies
What we offer:
- Free RAA Premium Road Service & Home Security Monitoring
- Discounts on all RAA Products and Services
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Ongoing Training & Development Opportunities & Study Support Program
- Onsite Massage, Wellbeing Facilities and Corporate Health Insurance Plan
- Annual Bonus Incentive
- On-site Café
How to apply:
Follow the prompts to submit both a cover letter and resume by 9am Friday 7 March 2019. Applications can be addressed to Kristy Harker-Smith, Recruitment Specialist.
For a position description, please click here.
Have a question about your application, our process or what happens next? Click here for some of the most commonly asked questions about applying for a role at RAA.
Please note applicants received through agencies will not be considered.
RAA are committed to building a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, where employees are embraced for their unique qualities and valued for their contributions. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace brings out the best in our employees and assists us to provide a better service to our members.