Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation. With over 3,000 employees across Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and New Caledonia, progressing our business forward is a key element of our success. At Komatsu we consider ourselves family where we meet challenges together, solve complicated problems together, strive for a better future together and most importantly enjoy ourselves whilst developing great friendships. Your Success is Our Success.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Technician to join the Service Department at our Fairfield Branch. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the purpose of the role is to provide skillful and efficient maintenance and repair of Komatsu Customer Equipment and through your efforts, contribute to a professional team environment by ensuring high levels of safety, quality and efficiency for the Komatsu Campbellfield Branch Field Service Department.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate an appropriate level of technical understanding of the design & function of Komatsu equipment. You will be responsible for machine diagnostics and repairs, as well as testing and adjusting of machine operation and monitoring systems utilising relevant literature and testing equipment.
The knowledge, skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Australian Trade Certificate as Heavy Vehicle Technician could be considered as acceptable based on relevant practical experience
- Minimum 2 years post apprenticeship experience with extensive experience with OEM equipment is desirable but not essential
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision
- Automotive Air Conditioning Licence will be highly regarded
- Auto Electrical experience & skills, and/or Auto Electrical Trade Qualification will be highly regarded
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in line with our Customer Support Charter
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work in remote areas and unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.